Dec 26, 2017

Letter for a friend

Hi America,

How are you today? It's Christmas anyway, hope there are no excuses for you to not cheer up.
I just wanna talk about us, umm maybe more about my feelings for you.
you are no longer stranger to me, and hope so am i to you. 
In fact, there has been always a piece of you in my heart for such a long time ago which i can't remember clearly but i know it is always here within me. 
But these days as we are now together, i guess i could understand more about you.
I know, our times is nothing compare to others who have been here with you before i came, but i always have been treasuring days that i spend here with you either the bright ones or all my dark days, and i could tell, you are having your hard times these days.
I thought i came for you at the wrong time but my parents once told me, you won't be able to understand people unless you let yourself getting into their tough times
So here i am.
I heard so many stories about you before. some people told me the greatest things about you including my dad, how you changed his mind, even i am still not sure if you changed it into a better direction or not. There is also a bunch of people that told me you are not safe and they told me all the shitty things you probably have done. That was even and enough for me to became more curious about you.
I would lie if i told i wasn't scared the first time we met. you should notice my gestures cause honestly i was terrified. 
The only thing that keeps me move forward is that i always believe that we, people are basically the same. you might have a good side and bad side just like me. 
I'm glad that most of the time you have given me the best in you but i couldn't deny there were times you broke my heart
but it's okay,
heart can heal itself,
and like what i've said before, we are the same.
Despite i told you that i have known you i still hope i will find out more about you in the future.
I don't care how many of your states have i been to, cause at first, i just want to know the real you and i think the best way is through your people, all of your people that came across my life here. 
I wrote this not because it is the time i'm gonna to say goodbye anyway. I might write the one for that later, just wait for it and i bet it will be hard for me.
I think i'll stop here for now.
Thank you for letting me be your guest and can i call you 'friend' now?

Love,

Dynta

No comments: