Feb 2, 2018

The Shape of Water : A thought

People could say there is nothing special with this movie, The Shape of Water, cause the storyline was just a regular romance which you can find in many movies and i somehow cannot counter this argument. But beyond the storyline, (for me) The Shape of Water is The Unusual-Usual romance. It never be Guillermo Del Toro's without a touch of fantasy creature. He had succeeded in remaking the "beauty and the beast" concept into a beautiful poetic romance through every characters, lines along with the green hued cinematography (which remains me a lot with Jean pierre's movie, Amelie). It brought us back to a basic form of love when it is just about finding acceptance and when a happy ending depends on perspectives and not equally applicable for all people (or creatures). For me, The Shape of Water is something, people should definitely watch it. 


"When he looks at me, the way he looks at me..He does not know, what I lack or - how - I am incomplete. He sees me, for what I - am, as I am. He's happy - to see me. Every time. Every day.."

-Elisa

No comments: